Swiss Cheese and Chocolate Sandwich
January 26th, 2010|Filed Under Recipes, Sandwiches

Swiss cheese and Chocolate sandwich my social chef 600x450 Swiss Cheese and Chocolate SandwichI was a fat kid (whereas today I like to think I’m just a little husky). I remember I used to make myself the craziest sandwiches and invite friends over to try them out. Rumor has it that Luther Vandross used to make sandwiches with glazed doughnuts instead of bread. My hero! I used my friends as an excuse to be an artist, but in reality I was just hungry. My friend Stefani used to come over all the time after school and I would make sandwiches for us while she sang love songs to me. We had so much fun. As the years went by, we drifted apart; she eventually signed a record deal and now goes by the name of Lady Gaga. She apparently forgot about all the sandwiches I made her, so fuck you, Stefani!

Actually, I don’t know that crazy monster. That’s just a fantasy in my head. I came up with this cheese and chocolate sandwich as a fat kid spending a summer in Belgium and trying to get all things Belgian in my belly. I know it sounds really odd, but the sweetness of the chocolate and the saltiness of the cheese create such a nice, smooth combination. It delights every time.

Bad Romance

Recipe: Swiss Cheese And Chocolate Sandwich

Ingredients

• 1 French baguette
  • 1/4 pound sliced Swiss cheese
  • 1 bar of premium milk chocolate
  • Butter

Instructions

1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Cut a sandwich-length piece of baguette and slice it open like you would to make a hero. Apply a thin layer of butter inside and put a few slices of Swiss cheese on both sides of the bread. Leaving it open, place the sandwich in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and gooey. Remove it from the oven and add a couple pieces of milk chocolate, then close the sandwich and let it rest for a minute. Enjoy fatty!

Number of servings (yield): 1

Meal type: snack

Microformatting by hRecipe.

12 Responses to “Swiss Cheese and Chocolate Sandwich”

1. blete says:

This picture is to die for…Almost had an orgasm by looking at that melted dark chocolate. mmm

2. LauLess says:

I must try this, I love mixing up sweet and salty foods, chips and candy fishes, crackers and twizzlers, etc, etc.

3. Lumi says:

the perfect pms snack!

4. josie says:

ah geez, my nipples. this looks so good.

5. Mariko says:

I saw this pic and had to come visit. I love a weird sandwich. Brie might be a good mix, too.

6. OMG! this is looks freakishly good. it’s crazy. the hairs on the back of my neck are standing up! good luck on PFB!

i saw the picture of oozing chocolate on the thumbnail and i clicked vote immediately. lol.

7. OMG! I have been waiting for someone to talk about Cheese and Chocolate! Brie and milk chocolate is awesome too!Im throwing a vote your way…hope you can return the favor :)

Good Luck!

8. Petrit says:

Def! Thank you both for the comments.

9. Gina Ruiz says:

omg that sandwich looks good. Voted. Good luck!

10. Gorgeous photo…New here but wanted to read your entry :) I will look around after voting…good luck and have fun :)

11. christina says:

I made a grill cheese sandwich using 2 krispy kreme donuts that is right up your alley. (do it on a panini press) I could hear myself getting fatter as I ate it, but it is totally worth it…
    Good luck on the contest! you have my vote :)
    Christina http://www.diaryofdinners.com

12. And…. now I have to try this. I love chocolate and baguette, cheese and baguette, and each of the three separately, I suppose an unholy triumvirate would be off that charts. Can’t wait to see what’s in store. You’ve got our vote.

Lick My Spoon